We are committed to supporting all members of the university community by providing equitable services and resources including education, investigations, and care coordination in relation to discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and sexual or interpersonal misconduct.
We strive to develop a culture which embraces a sense of personal responsibility and accountability where members feel empowered to reclaim their community by opposing acts of violence and discrimination.
The Office of Civil Rights and Title IX is committed to supporting the University’s mission of maintaining an environment conducive to learning for all students and a professional workplace for all employees. We take active measures to create or restore a respectful, safe, and inclusive environment for community members that is free from discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and sexual or interpersonal violence. In providing that support, the Office of Civil Rights and Title IX, in collaboration with campus partners, seeks to:
- Raise awareness through proactive education and training initiatives;
- Utilize data to monitor the campus climate and make additional targeted, educational and programming decisions;
- Connect students and employees to resources and offer accommodations to facilitate them obtaining the support they need;
- Encourage individuals to report incidents for appropriate response and/or investigation without fear of retaliation;
- Ensure reports are addressed and resolved in a timely, fair, and impartial manner; and
- Foster a University community that promotes personal integrity, civility, and mutual respect in an environment free from discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and interpersonal violence.